One of my lovely twitter pals, @SarahJLawson82, has recently posted on her blog about the highs of 2013 and her wishes for 2014. I thought it was a fantastic idea and compiled my own list. It really did make me think. I wish my highs of 2013 had been better and more of them.
Its been a fairly crappy year all in all. Especially as my IVF had failed and I made the horrible decision to stop TTC. I find that the best way to cope with this is to not think about it. So that’s what I do, I don’t think about having a baby and don’t think about never having a baby. If I did, it would be too painful.
Anyway, here it is:
Awesome things from 2013
- I continue to be incredibly thankful and in awe of my gorgeous and growing son
- I stopped smoking
- I now do a job I don’t hate with every fibre of my body
- I celebrated 5 years of marriage
- I have managed to downsize/de-clutter my entire house
- I made the difficult decision to quit TTC
Get a life in 2014
- Go on holiday (I’ve not been for nearly 6 years)
- Write more
- Have a loft extension built
- Renovate our garden and erect a Summer House
- Lose 2 stone (I weight 2 stone more then my pre ttc weight)
- Do more things I enjoy eg reflexology, having my nails done etc
- Go to the theatre more, especially the ballet which I love
- Decorate Samuel’s room and theme it – pirates
- Learn to cook
Sarah’s blog is www.one-daybaby.blogspot.co.uk Go check out her lists.
And make your own! Let me know how you get on!